In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, coughs, and wheezes in healthy people. The IOM also found evidence linking indoor mold exposure with respiratory illness in healthy children as well.
If You See Any Signs of Mold, Call us Today at (781)-449-5552
There was a study done on children from ten countries around the world. The children were aged from six to twelve years old. The children were all in damp environments with evidence of mold in each house he or she lived in. The researchers found that mold in the households correlated with a variety of respiratory disorders – wheezing, coughing, allergic reactions, and hay fever. The same researches found an increase in asthma among employees working in a water-damaged office building. They found that there was a correlation between asthma and mold from the building’s dust.
Homeowners have the power to clean up small amounts of mold. However, eliminating mold from large areas requires expertise and protection for both the homeowner and the remediation team. Puritan Flood Restoration prides itself on the work it puts in to make sure the occupants are safe and secure following the onset of mold in a household or office.